Highly innovative and effective Warehouse Manager, with more than 25 yrs of experience, specializing in Warehouse distribution and logistics, offering an array of critical skills in labor management, quality assurance, change management, leadership, facilities management and accurate data tracking, consistently credited for effective management and trusted with additional responsibility.
Proven track record of success in managing large Warehouse distribution centers and ensuring efficient results across widespread operations.
|Last Resume Update||May 12, 2019|
|Address||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
Planning Implementing & Controlling of Receiving & distribution of Stores: Re-organizing the Warehouse for improved efficiency and layout of Warehouses to set up proper storage, involving pallet storage racking system: Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization Initiate, coordinate
and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures: Maintain a clean; neat, and orderly work area; ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
Ensured proper food safety practices; assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives; Follow all policies and procedures; Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads; Implementation of FIFO /
LIFO / FEFO system; Separate In-coming stocks for Municipality Inspection / Approval.
• Executed the the disposal of over 25% of obsolete / unserviceable stores (Hospitality Stores).
• Moved 3 hired warehouse stores, two, 3 PL warehouse stores from different location to new company automated WH at DIC, with an ERP SAP WM, with in planned time phase.
• Ensure temperature maintained all levels for all stores (Ambient, Chiller and Frozen Stores).
• Improve operational management system, processes and best practices.
Warehouse Operational Manager
Developing warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping; Recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans;
implementing productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
• Moved over 6,000 pallets from 2 locations into one within 5 days, without effecting warehouse operation.
• Managed an 18% reduction in labor cost by identifying the root cause. Interviewed, hired, trained and dismissed personnel; performed evaluations and facilitated salary increases and promotions, to reorganize and streamline warehouse operations.
• Achieved and maintained a 99.95% level of service ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Reviewed previous products and purged inventory. Established new inventory guidelines and trained staff.
• Improved order flow from picking, staging to loading to trucks in a constant flow manner. Getting orders out of warehouse throughout the entire shift, rather than rush at the last hour of the day.
• Improved to 99.5% on-time shipping. Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
As Logistics Manager , I was accountable for delivering accurate, timely and relevant reports on inventories, daily stock movement, deliveries and shipment status, updating all transactions in the system, controlling inventory, and organizing stock level.
Aiming on building customer confidence, liaised with customers and sales department, oversaw entire warehouse, planning and shifts operations and was responsible for driving cost effectiveness and better services by raising and recording timely invoices for outgoing shipments.
• Managed logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints.
• Negotiated freight carrier contracts to reduce shipping cost.
• Lowered carrier costs by reviewing existing contracts and bringing in new carriers.
• Implemented tech replenishment process based on equipment usage reducing required capital asset inventory by 50%.
• Increased communication effectiveness among customers, vendors, brokers, and 3PL WH.
• Evaluate and document employee performances, conduct all yearly performance appraisals, recommend salary changes; and set.
Warehouse Setup for Multiple Retail Concepts, Heavy duty Racking Design, Racking Installation, Material Handling Equipment and related Warehouse infrastructure requirement finalization to procurement. General Administration, Facility, Vendor and Manpower management; Examine financial data and use them to improve profitability; Manage budgets and forecasts and to Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs.
• Operated the warehouse space of 12,000 Sq Mtr, and Controlling and supervising over 200 company full staff employee.
• Ensure good warehousing practices and resource optimization – labor, MHE’s, training, facilities. Administered logistics of multiple shipments and deliveries within extreme time constraints.
• Facilitate FIFO /LIFO / FEFO compliance, and to maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security; Safe storage of material following HACCP and other regulations Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Ensure no instances of overstocking / disposing expired products, Ensure LIFO, for all perishable items;.
Sergeant (Logistics Branch)
Served in Indian Air Force, in Logistics Branch: Fully trained & underwent various training on Military logistics distribution Operations, Inventory, procurement for all ranges of Aircraft spares, rubberized spares: missile & Ammunition stores: with no compromise on deliveries: Overseas receiving. Assigned duties at peak temperatures at different locations, with various cultural people. With an aim “Ready for Operation at any time”.