I am a thoroughly organized Lawyer with +13 years’ experience in Corporate and Commercial (8 years in UAE with engineering and Oil & Gas companies and 6 years in government sector such as Supreme Court and other as well as with a leading legal attorney in Colombia).
I have extensive experience in Commercial Contracts & Procurement Administration; Contractual Frauds' Investigation, Risk; all related to tendering process. Additional strengths include excellent drafting skills, legal research, time management and legal documents preparation.
Executive management Engagement: Experience in reporting to executive management and providing updates risks, red flags challenges and proposing corrective actions among others importants details that require attention and actions.
Procurement: Preparation of procurement plans and tender documents, Identification and pre-qualification of bidders, Contractual and financial evaluation of bids. Drafting and negotiation of contracts and other legal instruments
Contracts Administration: FIDIC- Negotiation of contract modifications - Definition and implementation of cost and schedule Control Procedures - Coordination of Programs Reviews - Reporting
Risk Management: covering Consideration, Offer and acceptance, Legal relations, Legal purpose. Identification of risks covering corrective and protective actions, including purchasing of insurance where appropriate and giving legal advice when necessary.
Vendor Management: Used to managing vendors in a complex, multi-vendor environment such as clients, subcontractors, suppliers, partners and inter-office entities.
Process Improvement: Led several process improvement initiatives leading to time and cost savings by proactively identifying, analyzing and improving upon existing business processes, within an organization for optimization and to meet new quotas or standards of quality.
Commercial Business Acumen: I possess experience and keenness in understanding and dealing with a business situation and am always looking at organizations ROI when involved in contracts and procurement.
Negotiating Skills: Using prior experience in multi-million contracts and procurement, assess vendors on supplies, materials, capital goods and service delivery.
|Last Resume Update||October 1, 2018|
|Address||DUBAI, United Arab Emirates|
Administering of activities associated with Project Contracts sourcing; Manages and Administers Project Contracts after award; Reviews and/or drafts contractual correspondence; Provides Contract interpretation and advice to Project Team members as required; Develops, gains approval of, and executes a procedure for managing contract claims and change orders; Assists the
Business Units Supply Chain Management group with bidding, awarding and administering procurement contracts as required.
Contracts & Procurement Administrator
Review and provide expert advice on contractual matters, contracts, tenders, risks, claims, disputes and all issues that are governed by contract with clients, subcontractors, suppliers, partners and inter-office entities.
• Developing and improving contracting procedures, standard documentation, processes and training materials;
• Developing, in conjunction with corporate contract management, and implemented standard contract documentation for procurement, proposals, agreement and contractual correspondence of all nature in accordance with terms and conditions of contracts during their currency;
• Initiating the set up and implementing the tender procedure for several of the respective project;
• Proactively providing material for Instruction to Tenderers, review the technical specifications, and assisted to develop the compliance matrix;
• Reports and advices: Reported and advised on contractual issues pre and post contract; Advise and direct as appropriate on all matters of contract administration;
• Assign tasks and responsibilities to site staff related to contract administration as per CEO directions of specific Project Manager.
Process purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services.
• Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority;
• Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals;
• Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
• Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists;
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements;
• Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased;
• Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance;
• Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies;
• Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices;
• Address staffing resource needs and supervise purchasing clerks;
• Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by CEO and related to the position.
20 April 2014 – 20 July 2014 Sub-Contracts Manager
Petrolinvest seconded by EXIDASP Consultant DMCC– Dubai, UAE
During my time as Contracts & Procurement Administrator was chosen and assigned to a Client's Project as Sub-Contracts Manager during 3 months (needed time of the position in it) to achieve the following:
• Overseeing the preparation of subcontract requisitions for the Project's activities;
• Managing the subcontract interface through execution, dealing with variations, commercial disputes, etc.;
• Performing related duties as assigned by Project Manager
21 June 2013 – 09 January 2014 Interim Office Manager
EXIDASP Consultant DMCC Head Office – Dubai, UAE
• Maintained staff by recruiting, selecting and orienting employees;
• Maintained a safe, secure, and legal work environment;
• Accomplished staff results by communicating job expectations;
• Planned, monitored, and appraised job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards;
• Maintained quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards;
• Analyzed and resolved quality and customer service problems;
• Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Performing any other related duties as per assigned by CEO.
2nd December 2012 – 20 June 2013 Sr. Contracts & Procurement Engineering
PetroChina seconded by EXIDASP Consultant DMCC - Dubai, UAE.
• Assisted Management in developing the right contracting strategies suiting the project specific requirements;
• Coordinated activities relating to pre-qualification of potential bidders;
• Prepared documentation needed for submissions to Tender Board at various stages of project execution like strategies, bidder lists, bid evaluation, award recommendations and variations;
• Developed inquiry documentation in liaison with all concerned personnel and prepare the necessary paper work for issuing the inquiry to approved bidders;
• Coordinated the tendering activities including preparation and issuance of Tender Bulletins and clarifications to the bidders;
• Performed un-priced evaluation of submitted bids to ensure conformity to specified legal, contractual and other commercial requirements;
• Performed priced evaluation of bids technically accepted leading to preparing award recommendation and contract awards;
• Evaluated Contractors' submissions on Tenders, Variations / Claims etc., and advice on contractual validities;
• Coordinated process of all Tenders, Variations / Claims by all concerned to obtain Management approvals and participated in commercial negotiations;
• Ensured strict compliance to Company policies and procedures and to treat in confidence all confidential information;
• Performing any other related duties as per assigned by Project Manager.
Legal Officer for Tenders
• Drafted, signed and certified key legal documents for judicial review;
• Received and studying tender documents and respond to each tender;
• Coordinated with suppliers to receive appropriate quotation according to tender specifications;
• Submitted tenders within the specified time frame;
• Coordinated with Finance department for arranging Tender Bond or Performance Bond as per the requirements of the tender; Identification of legal risks in Contracts';
• Ability to understand the law and its implications;
• Prepared, reviewed and edited suppliers' contracts according to Company's needs;
• Liaised and negotiated with suppliers to receive quotations with competitive prices;
• Maintained proper filing system for each operation;
• Performing any other related duties as per assigned by Management.
Head Legal/Administrative Department
• Created company's first employee manual including training and development;
• Liaised with vendors to order and maintain inventory of office supplies;
• Reduced overheads by taking on more responsibility for creative and administrative projects;
• Handled all Legal / Administrative issues of the company: (commercial / labor contracts, application and updating UAE Court Rules and Laws or Regulations (Labour, Commercial, Rent, etc.), policies and Human Resources Subjects such as Recruitment, Annual Leaves Control, Attendance, Sick Absences, Training, Supervision of Personnel, evaluating work performance, etc.;
• Creating, Negotiating and Controlling all Employees and Services Contracts in the Company;
• Performing related duties as per assigned by Management.
Investigator Attorney for Frauds in Contracts
• Creatively formulated trial techniques that specifically pertained to each case;
• Explained available courses of action and possible repercussions of cases;
• Drafted objective memorandum for each case;
• Interviewed witnesses and gathered public record research relevant to each case;
• Drafted demurrers and replied to oppositions;
• Conducted a variety of research and analysis assignments with the objective to detect fraudulent activities & crimes against the Public Administration;
• Collaborated with legal authorities always keeping excellent interpersonal relations;
• Assessment and enhancement of procedures for monitoring and detection of frauds;
• Research of relevant statutes, rulings, and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for legal opinions from customers;
• Collected, analyzed and interpreted information, documentation and physical evidence associated with investigations in Contracts´Frauds;
• Kept current on all agency and state policies, rules, regulations and statutes;
• Performing any other related duties as per assigned by the Director.
Contracts / Tenders Controller Attorney
• Dealt with suppliers to ensure the satisfaction of the company in the acquisition of services through different contractual processes;
• Organized and participated in events focused to the consolidation of public relations of the Company with others companies of Fiscal Control nationally and internationally;
• Prepared and screened all documents related to hiring of services for the Department commissioned, procured and contracted according the needing standards (e.g. quality);
• Searched for the market prices, dealing with suppliers and made record, monitored and reviewed the contracted services assuring the performance thereof and ensured that such services were effective through monitoring activity of the contractual relationship with the providers in all its stages till expediting the Final Certificate of Satisfaction;
• Responsible of doing the evaluation, classification and selection of the proper candidates in the different recruitment processes: personal professional services and/or bids/tenders for events;
• Ensured that all procurement and contracting activities were carried out in accordance with Legislation, Government Procurement Policies & Procedures;
• Performing any other related duties as per assigned by the Director.
Legal Assistant for Judge at Supreme Court / Legal CLerk
Other Positions Held in Brief
01 Apr 06 – 31 Oct 06 Clerk Legal Attorney, Supreme Court of Colombia – Bogotá, Colombia,
16th Nov 05 – 31 Mar 06 Legal Assistant for Magistrate of the Supreme Court of Colombia 2005-2006 Labour Chambers (Dr. Carlos Isaac Nader – President Supreme Court year)
Feb 1998 – July 2003 Legal Assistant for Attorney (part time) - Local Attorneys - Montería, Colombia