djilali naceur 300 Logts Hai Sabah Oran, Algeria 31000(213) email@example.com
Seventeen Years of Translation Studies Lecturer. Experience nFluency in English, French&Arabic
n Seventeen years of translation lecturerexperience reinforced by nine years of experience as sworn translator.
n Passion for quality translationteaching.
n Skills and knowledge areas include:
— Translating and interpreting
—Teaching Arabic-English and French-Arabic translation
— Arabic teaching
— Mastery of French
— A very good mastery of English
—Management of Sworn Translation Office
— Thorough knowledge of the Arab language and culture
Translation studies Lecturer 2001-Present; — university of oran 1 ahmed ben bella, oran
- Taught translation studies for BA and Master Students since 2001.
- Taught several modules mainly English-Arabic translation, the theory of translation, and translation techniques.
- Took part, as a jury member, in the competitive entry examination for the doctorate in translation for several times.
- PhD jury member for three times.
- hundreds of documents (birth and marriagecertificates; school degrees; notarized documents; courts reports; newspaperarticles, etc...) from Arabic into French and English and from English and French Translatedinto Arabic.
- Translator for the Arabic learning magazine Leesanarabi: https://www.leesanarabi.com/
- Supervisor of a doctorate degree thesis.
- Supervised Master students with their dissertations for years..
- Former member of the Scientific Council of the Translation Institute.
- Translated many articles from Arabic into French for a local newspaper ‘Le Journal de l’Ouest, 2002.
- Read material and do research in industry-specific terminology to be exploited in class.
- Create glossaries for new words not found in dictionaries.
- Encourage student personal development
Papers read in conferences
- Borrowing as a translation strategy, a paper read at the Translation Conference, Tradtec Laboratory, University of Oran, April 2007 ( in French).
- Building a dictionary of translation terms, a paper read at the International Conference of Translation, University of Sidi Bel-Abbes, May 15-16, 2006 (in Arabic).
- Translator training, a paper read at the High Council of Arabic Language Conference, Algiers, June 2001 (in Arabic).
- Translating English tenses into Arabic, a paper read at the Conference on Translation Strategies, University of Oran, 2001 (in English).
- Assessing translation quality, a paper read at the Conference on Translation, University of Oran, April 1998 (in English).
- The audiovisual text, Language and Communication journal, issue 18, May 2015.
- The problems of audiovisual translation, Language and Communication journal, issue 15, January 2014.
- Le rappel des gens de bien, a book translated from Arabic into French, Editions Errachad, Sidi Bel-Abbes, 2007.
- The theoretical problems of translation, translated from French into Arabic, in Al Mawqif Al-Adabi, Damascus, Syria, June 1988.
Education & Credentials
- Hold the University Habilitation to supervise master and PhD students in translation studies, 2016- UNIVERSITY OF ORAN, ORAN, ALGERIA
- PhD in translation studies,2014— UNIVERSITY OF ORAN 1, Oran, algeria
- MA in translation studies, 2000- UNIVERSITY OF ORAN 1, ORAN, ALGERIA
- BA in translation, 1988- UNIVERSITY OF ORAN, ORAN, ORAN, ALGERIA
- Mastery of French diploma (Diplôme Approfondi de langue française), 2005
- Teaching English Certification in Algerian high schools (CAPES), 1993
|Last Resume Update||March 23, 2019|
Lecturer in translation studies
PhD in translation studies