Residency: Thailand & UK.
tel’ +66 860909614 (& WhatsApp).
Close Protection SIA License. Hostile Environment CP Op’s Cert.
IIAI Certified Senior Accident Investigator.
HSE; NEBOSH International General Cert.
A security and risk professional with extensive senior management experience in military and commercial security environments, latterly specialising in risk strategy within the oil & gas/ energy sector.
Consistent achievement record. Strong leadership, administrative and training Skills.
Sound knowledge of most MENA cities, customs and sensitivities.
Self-motivated, forward thinking, diligent and compatible.
Field Security Advisor. BP Oman (agy), 1stFeb 2016 to 31stMay 2019
The FSA role spanned the final phase of infrastructure construction, moving to commissioning, and beyond to ‘first gas’ and supply at BP’s Flagship project, Khazzan.
The field is designated as vital national infrastructure requiring all facilities to comply with ministry and police audited security specifications and operating procedure.
The remit is wide ranging covering the administration and residential facilities, contractor camps, logistic/ material sites, wells, pipelines and the CPF. Main responsibilities, leadership of:
Testing, acceptance and operational incorporation of advanced technical assets (Genetec core).
(reconfiguration of design references and displays to enable integrated command and control).
- Integrated perimeter detection/ defence systems (CCTV/ VASS, Fibre, Microwave).
- Multi-site Biometric access control, all supporting card production and management procedure.
- Multiple internal Alarm and PA systems.
- IVMS: Vehicle tracking/ monitoring. Vehicle approach recognition measures.
- Response aspects/ procedure for all fire detection systems.
- Safe operation of aerial photograph/ surveillance platforms (SUAVs).
Establishment of manned guarding services.
- The introduction training and development of the uniformed guard force (x140 gds), principally in access control related duties. Additional vehicle patrol Units.
- Establishment of a central operations room co-ordinating all field security activity/ surveillance and responses. All operator training and exercise.
- Training/ mentoring/ development of local security management personnel.
- Adoption of the BP Country Security Plan. The production of all Site Security Plans/ Risk assessments and procedural documents supporting the fore mentioned technical assets and personnel (alert state based).
- Additional Emergency Response Procedures for all event scenarios.
- Sub-contractor security plan guidance, approvals/ reviews and compliance.
Relationship management (interpersonal skills, influencing without authority).
- In accordance with BP’s stated core value ‘One Team’ all security procedure is implemented with the negotiated agreement of BP stakeholder departments.
- The project is driven by a multinational workforce, cultural respect is critical at all levels.
Exercise and execution of BP Emergency Response Team duties as Security Incident Commander.
These activities have run in parallel with the routine security management of the developing field and it’s 15,000 (at height) personnel. https://www.bp.com/en/global/corporate/what-we-do/bp-worldwide/bp-in-oman.html
Group Security Advisor (KSA/ GCC region). Almarai Co. Feb to Nov 2015.
$3.4 billion FMCG. ‘World top 200 Company’. Integrated production, distribution, retail and mobile cash sales operations from seventy-two facilities across seven GCC countries.
Joining as the company’s first dedicated security manager I defined the Group Concept of Security Operations and engaged in a comprehensive risk analysis. The protection of 250 Western expat personnel living out, and fire protection measures over the multiple company facilities accommodating eastern expat staff (38,000), emerged as immediate priorities. Also addressed;
- Analysis of Yemen / Saudi border conflict and continuous risk guidance to the board.
- Contractual management of guarding and systems maintenance services
A restructuring of CM/ Business Continuity planning (focusing on supply chain) was also initiated.
Security Manager (Iraq). Gulf Keystone Petroleum International.Oct 2014 to Jan 2015.
Production of all security procedure and crisis contingencies supporting the safety of personnel, field development and production continuity (liberated IS. area). https://www.gulfkeystone.com/about-us/key-facts
Security & Risk Manager (Libya). SalamancaRisk Management,April 2013 to Oct 2014.
Responsible for all aspects of Security, Risk and Crisis Management related to a national multi-site power generation project (APR Energy & Aggreko);
- Initial threat analysis, site surveys and risk assessments.Consequent formulation of the Security Plan incorporating incident, crisis, medical, journey and evacuation (integrating localised site procedure). All related specification, procedures, presentations, briefings and training.
- Initial establishment of sites and implementation of security and travel protocols. Ongoing situation analysis, management of Alert States, Audits, compliance and reviews.
- Relationship building among tribal elders, factional commanders, security agencies and intelligence sources (core responsibility).Client relationship management.
- Production and delivery of security and safety awareness training packages.
- Training/ mentoring of armed police and civilian guard force detachments.
- Detention recovery.
- Remote site temporary evacuations.
The project concluded as escalating tensions required the Country Evacuation Plan to be implemented. https://www.s-rminform.com
Operations Manager (MENA), RiskAdvisory Group. Oct’ 09 to Apr 2013.
Management and personal conduct of Executive Protection, Consultancy and Training operations across the region. Client base predominantly Banking, Defence and Oil & Gas.
- Manage and lead concurrent Close Protection taskings for senior executives visiting/ touring the region. Production and delivery of hostile environment executive training packages.
- Close liaison with client corporate security cells and external security agencies.
- Consultancy in the fields of; security audit, business continuity/ crisis management.
- Oversight of embedded security managers (BAE Al Salam, Shell).
- Establishment of an Operations Control room (CCTV/ alarms, vehicle tracking, incident).
- Technical assets; survey, specification and procurement.Project manage installations.
Periodic attachments to Oil & Gas multinationals in the capacity of; Movements security manager (Shell), Executive security trainer (Conoco) and Security adviser (S-Chem).
Principal theatres; Iraq, KSA, Qatar, UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Somalia, and Libyan revolution.
Libyan operations concentrated initially on executive extraction, moving to damage assessment and general security consultancy, latterly executive protection. https://www.riskadvisory.com
Protection Officer (KSA/ Iraq): FCO/ CRG - European Union/ Page. Oct 07 to Oct 09.
Assignedto the EU’s Ambassador to Saudi Arabia & his family. Duties in addition to armed escort included; residential routines, intelligence analysis/ threat assessment, venue and route reconnaissance, contingency planning and external security agency liaison http://www.pagegroupltd.com/risk/
Vanguard Security & Training Group. Founder and Managing Director.1998 to 2007.
BSI ISO 9001 &SIA accredited security contractor servicing a £14m blue-chip client portfolio.
Principally, Property / Facilities management and Government property agencies.
Financial and strategic management leadership responsibility for a 400-strength manned guarding core business, subsidiary CCTV remote monitoring station and industrial safety training company.
Regional director, OCS Plc. (manned guarding & FM services, P&L £12m).
Regional director, Guarda Plc. (manned guarding & FM services, P&L £9m achieved from startup).
Relevant courses, qualifications and experience.
23rd Special Air Service Regiment (UKSF Reserve). WO II.
Several appointments held including; Unit Security Officer (JSP440), I.C. Sqn’ training wing, SQMS and Squadron Sergeant Major.
- Lead Accident Investigator (LAIC), Distinction. Institute of Industrial Accident Investigators.
- HSE, International General Certificate, Credit. NEBOSH
- Bachelor Business Administration, Queens College, Glasgow.
- Hostile Environment Close Protection Operations LF, HECPO, (CRG/ FCOcert’).
- SIA Executive Protection licence (CRG/ FCO).
- Tier 1 Medic, FPOS-I.
- Methods of Instruction (Train the Trainers)
- Tactical driving (various). Full, clean European, GCC and International licenses.
- Sound knowledge of; - MOSS, VPSHR, ISO 9001 (Quality), 18788 (Security), 31000 (Risk), 22301 (BCM). OHSAS 18001/ 45001
- High competence in Word, Power point, Excel, Sage, Genetec and GPS programs.
|Last Resume Update||September 5, 2019|
|Address||Glasgow & Bangkok, United Kingdom|