Jamal Mohamed Idriss Ahmed
Sohar - Oman
Date of Birth: 27 /04 /1972
Marital Status: Single
Military Service: Exempted
EDUCATION:Aljazeera University faculty of Science and Technology – Sudan - wad Madni
BSC of Engineering in Chemical Engineering (Very Good Honors)
Career Objective :
Seeking a position in an employee oriented environment that recognizes efforts and talent and encourages with professional growth with learning while being innovative
*An astute and result oriented professional over 15 years’ of experience in Production Planning & Control, Plant Maintenance & Process Improvement, Project Planning & Management, Quality Assurance & Team Management in FMCG /Chemical / Food Processing Industry ( More than 15 years exposure in Edible Oil & Fats Industry and soap manufacturing ) Familiar with ways and places of purchase of raw materials. Be innovative and help in the development of the company. Ability to quickly configure a team.
Hanoon Modern Projects LLC – Oman December 2014 – present
Refinery Manager· Analyzed the plant process based on historical data and questionnaire results which led to the identification of the weak points in the system.
· Applied new Refinery and tow packaging line that helped in the study of a new project of $60 million cost.
· Participated in the Electronic Requisition system development.
· Automated the Planning which resulted in shorter preparation time and less waste.
· Developed an optimization model for to minimize the waste which saved 50% of the unnecessary material waste and more than 90% of the planning time.
· Designed Information System; database and program
· establishing factory and purchasing production lines
· Select the latest manufacturing, packaging and packaging methods
Afia International Savola Sudan – Khartoum July2013 – Oct 2014
Refinery Manager· Managed maintenance, repair & troubleshooting of more than 200 mechanical Equipment including compressors, pumps, cooling towers & piping.
· Supervised the start up and operation of the plant and trained the staff on operation of plant.
· Prepared and managed an annual spare parts & raw material budget for more than 6000 items.
· Increased technicians’ motivation by redesigning the workshop layout, improving workshop facilities and application of QCC (Quality Control Circles).
· Saved $250,000 loss of production by modifying the cold refine process
· Decreased equipment failure and spare parts consumption by application TPM system
· Worked as a TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) coordinator for the Refinery & packaging section.
· Increased the utilization of manpower by having a monthly & annual plan, good preparation and storage of spare parts and monthly training of technicians.
· Achieved zero sudden stoppage and less than 2 injuries per year.
Production manager Aug 2011- July 2013:-
Manage the plant operation and staff to deliver results and continuously improve conversion cost, develop the team skills and create optimized environment of work in compliance with Savola standards.
Daily and monthly plan for the production department
Coordination with the sales and marketing and purchasing department
For the production plan per all sku
Follow up & Coordination with all other related departments.
Implement & monitor Process control system
Analyze process control sheets and implement action plans wherever required.
Implement continuous process & Equipment reliability improvement programs.
Coordination with maintenance team on PM & other issues
Lead the weekly and monthly department meetings and draw action plans & execute
Monitor the consumption of Chemicals & Consumables and packing material
Improvement program for efficient usage of materials
Ensure product quality standards (Internal & Global)
Monitor and reduce the losses
Cost control and reduction programs
Maintain & improve safety and hygiene in responsible areas
Establishing work instructions for all refinery and packaging activities
Refinery leader Jane 2009- Aug.- 2011:-
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
· Prepare month to date downtime and efficiency report.
· Insure daily follow up is driven and action plan is shared with all departments.
· Insure log sheet is used efficiently with full details by all refinery stuff.
· Checking the quality of machines
· Communicate Refinery performance on daily basis to all Department heads and Plant manager.
· Lead the weekly and monthly department meetings and insure summary is communicated and actions are captured.
· Planning & distributing the main instructions to the refinery engineers.
· Following up oil movement and issuing on regular basis summary report.
· Plans and designs methods to improve efficiency in refinery.
· Manage refinery at optimum level of cost, efficiency and safety to achieve the target.
· Establish refinery production plan based Sales and Operating Plan.
· Follow up & improve safety & hygiene in refinery and the areas around refinery including tank farms
· Establishing work instructions for all refinery activities
Refinery Process Engineer Supervisor March 2005- 2009:-
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
· Participating in the install and commissioning of the plant
· Starting up the plant and explaining practically how to run an automatic continuous refining plant.
· Participating in the making all the production document need for the whole operation.
· Control of operating the automatic continuous refining plant.
· Control of operating boilers, cooling systems, vacuum systems.
· Supervises of technicians, operators, and labors and evaluating their performance.
· Coordinating with Q.C. Laboratory to ensure the quality of the products.
· Doing daily and monthly production reports
Arab Sudanese vegetable oil co, Khartoum North – Sudan Nov’2002 - Dec’2004
Develop and execute plans within the specific line/s /advice on autonomous maintenance/monitor & coordinate product quality test with QC/ maintain standards & consistency capture continuous improvement opportunities/abide, advice & monitor HSE/GMP/QMS regulations & procedures / manage manufacturing information data base/ maintain inventory control accuracy/ analyze & plan workforce utilization, space requirement & workflow for maximum efficiency / prepare regular production reports/coordinate with related & support sections / act as a link between company & the remote site to facilitate smooth operation
- Afia International Savola Sudan – Khartoum
Training on Costing
- Afia International – Savola Sudan
Training on ISO 22000
- Afia International – EGYPT
Training on operation control
- Afia International – Iran
On job training on TPM and HSE
- Rotana hotel in Sudan
TPM work shop
- Savola Jamiaate Dubai
developmental program in Dubai
- Afia International – Savola Sudan
Training on Iso 14000
- Afia International – Savola Sudan
Training in mechanical work in Refinery ( separator )
Language-Fluent in Arabic and English
Computer knowledge(Windows, MS Office, SPSS, Visual Basic for Applications, VB, Fortran programming, MS Project).
Production Planning & Control (PPC)
Project Planning & Management (PPM)
Operation & Maintenance
Materials /Vendor Management
- Afia International Savola Sudan – Khartoum. Achievement group Award 2010 – 2011
- Afia International Savola Sudan – Khartoum Ideal project Award 2008
- Afia International Savola Sudan – Khartoum Ideal employee 2009
- A keen planner & strategist with expertise in planning & controlling the production operations as per the capacity available; well versed with quality standards like ISO 9001, HACCP, 5'S, TMP.
- Demonstrated abilities in achieving cost savings across assignments, minimizing performance bottlenecks for achieving high productivity with maximization of men, material & machine.
- Can-do management style with vision and tenacity.
- Dedicated leader with demonstrated ability to train, manage and motivate team members to achieve the organizational objectives.
- Proficiency in TPM applications for Manufacturing/production & Maintenance modules
- Expertise in spearheading the Edible Oil Refinery Operations (Chemical & Physical Refining, Fractionation) and the Oil packing/filling Operation – PET Bottles / HDPE Jercan / Pouch / Tin filling lines [Automatic filling lines] with Acid oil plant (Soap splitting), Utilities and Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Proven skills in managing project of a continuous Chemical Refinery 200 MTPD with Acid oil Plant (Alfa Laval) at Hanoon modern projects company – Oman Sohar in year’2016.
- Proven skills in managing an expansion project of a continuous Chemical Refinery 200 MTPD with Acid oil Plant (Andretti) at Savola edible oil company – Khartoum Sudan in year’2009.
- Have exposure in commissioning & shift operation of PLC based Continuous Edible Oil Refinery - 100 MTPD (Andretti ) at savola edible oil @ Khartoum (Sudan) in 2005
commissioning of two packing line :-prepared the electrical team and mechanical team in coordination with the mechanical engineer - installing the control panels and wiring them- locate and adjust, and install all downstream machines - tested the machines and carried out the necessary adjustments and modification on the control system and finally tested the machine for long run.- write a commissioning report for documentation, and prepare and represent technical and operation training for operators on how to operate the machine properly
Available on Request
|Last Resume Update||September 15, 2018|
• Analyzed the plant process based on historical data and questionnaire results which led to the identification of the weak points in the system.
• Applied new Refinery and tow packaging line that helped in the study of a new project of $60 million cost.
• Participated in the Electronic Requisition system development.
• Automated the Planning which resulted in shorter preparation time and less waste.
• Developed an optimization model for to minimize the waste which saved 50% of the unnecessary material waste and more than 90% of the planning time.
• Designed Information System; database and program
• establishing factory and purchasing production lines
• Select the latest manufacturing, packaging and packaging methods
• Managed maintenance, repair & troubleshooting of more than 200 mechanical Equipment including compressors, pumps, cooling towers & piping.
• Supervised the start up and operation of the plant and trained the staff on operation of plant.
• Prepared and managed an annual spare parts & raw material budget for more than 6000 items.
• Increased technicians’ motivation by redesigning the workshop layout, improving workshop facilities and application of QCC (Quality Control Circles).
• Saved $250,000 loss of production by modifying the cold refine process
• Decreased equipment failure and spare parts consumption by application TPM system
• Worked as a TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) coordinator for the Refinery & packaging section.
• Increased the utilization of manpower by having a monthly & annual plan, good preparation and storage of spare parts and monthly training of technicians.
• Achieved zero sudden stoppage and less than 2 injuries per year.