- 12+ years’ experience engaged with Electronic, Electrical and IT technologies in top-notch organizations in mining, engineering and technological fields.
- Managing projects of various sizes in different technological areas mentioned above from initiation to closure.
- Design, installation and maintenance of Electrical Distribution systems (MCC, DBs, Circuit breakers, transformers, motors, overhead and underground cabling, VSDs, lighting).
- Experience in installation and maintenance of process instrumentation and control equipment.
- Sizing, installation and maintenance of generators up to 10kVA.
- Experienced in pumps, compressors, conveyer belts, crushers, ball mills, furnaces, boilers.
- Design, implement, configure, maintain and manage the Local Area Network (LAN) equipment (Cisco: Routers and Switches, site servers and PCs).
- Experienced in design, installation and maintenance of Solar Power Systems (Solar panels, Chargers, Inverters and backup batteries).
- Extensive knowledge in design, deployment and maintenance of electronic security systems (CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Alarms).
- Design, installation and maintenance of vehicle Automatic Vehicle Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems.
- Design and installation of vehicle counting and classification systems.
- Ability to perform quick troubleshooting of system designs and problems.
- Ability to provide high level Data Analysis and presentation.
|Last Resume Update||December 1, 2018|
Technical Support Manager
• Identify areas of revenue losses and develop strategies to improve revenue collection.
• Identify the right product for each function across all projects and scope solutions.
• Work with Stores and Finance to ensure that all projects are appropriately stocked.
• Identify, recommend and implement ways to improve operational efficiencies and reduce equipment downtime.
• Manage staff in the section by ensuring increased efficiency, developing professionalism, job motivation and at the same time developing good communication and understanding with them.
• Conduct perform appraisals on the team.
• Perform periodic site inspections to ensure that proper agreed standards are maintained.
• Participates in the development, sharing and implementation of the business strategies.
• Offer effective management of all company projects, including 17 ZINARA Tollgates, 7 Border sites, 36 CBM Inland sites, CVR site and Vehicle Licensing sites countrywide including planned and reactive maintenance.
• Conduct planned and preventive maintenance on all Electrical and IT equipment at all sites (VSat systems, tolling boom gate systems, traffic lights, networking equipment (routers and switches), servers and PCs, electrical DBs, solar systems, and generators).
• Maintain business and cordial relationship with other business partners (Zinara, VID and Developers).
• Develop and control budgets for the three sections, Technical Support, Tolling and Transit.
• Provide technical training and support on the Tolling and Transit systems.
Service Delivery Manager
• Lead the technical team in installations and maintenance of 17 ZINARA Tollgates, 7 Border sites and 36 CBM Inland sites countrywide.
• Install and maintain tolling CCTV and Automatic License Plate Recognition (ANPR) systems.
• Install and maintain tolling electrical systems; DBs, lighting, generator change-over switch, lightning protection, solar and inverter systems.
• Install and maintain VSat systems, tolling boom gate systems, traffic lights and networking equipment.
• Install and maintain 18 Tolling site servers,
• Carry out planned preventive maintenance of various equipment to help ensure equipment availability.
• Develop and control budgets for the two sections.
• Coordinate operations with IT and Engineering departments to ensure quick turnaround and minimum downtime on critical Tolling and CBM operations.
• Design, plan and monitor installations for new Intruder alarm, Access control and CCTV systems.
• Maintenance of the company’s electrical equipment and wiring.
• Installations and maintenance of electrical perimeter fence, security lighting and automated gate controls.
• Ensuring that engineering standards are maintained.
• Planning and execution of technical and operational jobs for the project.
• Verification of construction drawings; mechanical, electrical and control diagrams.
• Installation of transformers, overhead lines, 11kV switchgear, 1MVA generators, fuels pumps and pipelines.
• Ensure construction is done as per drawings and specifications within Botswana regulations and standards.
• Prepare progress reports to measure progress and to control expenditure within budgeted time and cost.
Assistant Electrical and Instrumention Engineer
• Maintenance of all plant electrical and instrumentation equipment.
• PLC’s programming, SCADA’s maintenance and upgrading.
• Installation and maintenance of transformers, electric motors, overhead lines and 11kV switchgear.
• Ensure Plant and Equipment Availability, calibration of instruments and Performance Management.
• Adherence to legal requirements (SI of 1990) and engineering standards.
• Ensuring the EMS, SHE OSHAS and QA procedures are adhered to.
CCNA Routing and Switching
Project Management Professional
Master of Business Administration
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) Electronic Engineering