I am an accomplished Events Manager with a proven and flawless track record in creating and hosting stellar events. An energetic “all round value-adder” with 22 years work experience of which 11 years has been in Event Management, Customer Service Excellence and Brand Building.
- Have showcased exceptional organisational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Understand and see the bigger picture; so am very detail-orientated delivering projects of a high standard and always within the necessary timelines.
- Can work under pressure and independently without being managed; am a fast thinker and have the ability to solve challenges through strong planning and implementation skills.
- Have exhibited great interpersonal skills: mentored, trained and managed a team to fulfil their proficiencies.
|Last Resume Update||January 10, 2019|
|Address||Pretoria, South Africa|
• Project owning all internal & external events from concept to execution (80% of the role). Events including (but not limited to):
o Annual Client Functions
o Client Conferences
o Legal Landscape Seminars
o Claims Seminars
o Annual Staff Conferences
o Year-end functions
o Team buildings
o Board meetings (including lunches)
• Successfully spearheading all company programs and initiatives:
o Health & Wellness Incentive: a 12-month program involving a point system where staff are encouraged (and rewarded) to leading healthier lifestyles.
o Created and designed the “Staff Goals initiative”.
o Appointed chairperson of the company’s Corporate Social Investment - volunteering time, energy and resources to Play-with-a-Purpose, an early childhood development non-profit organisation. Organising and participating in events (i.e. Mandela Day, Children’s Christmas Party and Teachers Graduation Day).
o Passionate about improving Centriq’s Carbon footprint: create awareness around recycling.
o Encourage staff to be cognizant to donate blood - organize for SANBS to regularly come to our offices for blood donations.
o Spoil staff with creative gifts for Valentines and Easter – ensuring it’s different and unique each year.
• Manage the admin team - comprising of the PR assistant, office administrators, receptionists as well as the cleaners. Lead weekly operations meetings to ensure that events remain on track. Hire, train and coach new team members. Conduct quarterly performance appraisals.
• Accountable for budgets totalling R4,2m. Budget planning; allocate expenses; approve invoices based on accepted quotations; and forecast timings.
• Manage the general office requirements
o Office space: make decisions on office décor, plants, layout & space planning, furniture, etc.
o Design and update asset register and sign-in register.
o Manage all Occupational Health & Safety requirements; conduct quarterly audits with external OHS representative; coordinate and manage the annual planned and unplanned evacuation drills.
o Assist with driving the company’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP) to manage reputation risk for the Admin team.
o Allocate parking bays and access cards to new employees.
• Manage and coordinate the company’s communication, marketing strategy and brand positioning.
o Liaise with the external PR consultant.
o Coordinate with key spokespeople the writing of editorial including confirming capacity, timelines, research, quality control, approval, and submission to publications.
o Custodian of the brand.
o Annually brainstorm and develop an advertising concept with the external design agency.
o Occasionally revisit the ‘look and feel’ of the company website and updating with the latest content.
o Ensure that our clients correctly reflect our brand on their advertising campaigns and approving the final design.
• Manage the Company’s Corporate Identity - create a fresh and desired company image.
o Update all templates when changes occur (e.g. invoices & letterheads).
o Assist other departments with their presentations: creating them on PowerPoint according to the Centriq brand and requirements.
o Assist other departments by formatting their agreements and policies to “Centriqify” them.
o Design (and order):
small desktop calendars as well as big desk pads
promotional notebooks & pens
any other branded items
o Design & print all company certificates (Long-service Awards, Health & Wellness Incentive, Energy Ambassador, etc.)
• Designed and launched an improved Health & Wellness Program.
• Successfully moved the office in 3 months, including renovating, designing and decorating an entire new office space.
• Designed a “Welcome Booklet” for new staff setting out all company initiatives and benefits.
• Instead of using external designers and printers, I cut costs by designing and creating all company invites myself, building and making the signs for sponsored events (Centriq annually sponsors a mountain bike race), I paint all signs for the staff function décor, etc.
• Enhanced Centriq’s reputation by hosting professional, yet very creative, events.
• Added to Centriq being one of the best companies to work for (office environment, staff incentives, etc.).