Dear Recruitment Team,
My name is Midhun Pillai. I was working as Multi Outlet Manager in Dubai for Piadera FZE, WTC. In regards to your requirement posted in Indeed, I would like to take an opportunity and apply for a SUITABLE position in your organisation.
I did my Bachelors in Hotel Management from Bangalore University and have more than 11 years of experience in food and beverage operations.
My present responsibility includes: oversee day-to-day outlet operations, staff training & development, work with management to identify and utilize opportunities to increase sales, control staff costs and manage appropriate inventories, monitor daily, weekly and monthly/quarterly financial performance, set up the appropriate supply chains for the fresh ingredients.
Valid UAE driver’s license holder.
Please kindly find the attached C.V. Your kind consideration and correspondence would be highly appreciated.
|Last Resume Update||January 15, 2019|
|Address||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Multi Outlet Manager
• Responsible for taking care of all Outlet’s in Dubai (WTC, Business Bay, Al Seef).
• Oversee the daily operations of outlet for efficient operations.
• Plan and assign daily workloads to outlet associates. Monitored day part on daily bases.
• Develop and enforce established policies and procedures.
• Establish operational strategies to meet quality.
• Develop marketing strategies to improve sales and profitability.
• Develop cost-effective operational plan to achieve outlet goals.
• Interview and hire associates for outlet operations.
• Maintain the outlet facility clean and safe.
• Assist in cash handling activities.
• Schedule orientations and job trainings to outlet associates.
• Organize regular meetings to discuss about issues and updates.
• Analyze and resolve problems in a timely and accurate manner.
• Address customer queries courteously, obtain customer feedbacks and ensure customer service satisfaction.
• Develop reports on inventory, spoilage, expense and revenue.
• Monitor key performance indicators (KPI) of store and takes necessary actions.
• Successfully opened 3 cafés and 1 Food Truck in Dubai.
• Was part of the Pre-Opening team.
• Handled many large Food Truck events, like Dubai Racing Club “Meydan” WORLD CUP final for two consecutive years (3000 pax).
• Successfully conducted multiple event for Consulate General of Italy.
• Successfully conducted buffet lunch for Schlumberger (500 pax).
• Introduced breakfast trolley services for companies like Pinsent Masons, Coty.
• Did events for Turkish Trade Center, Cigna.
• Food specialization covered: Italian.
• Concept – Authentic Italian Flat Bread, Healthy Salads, Coffee and specialty Drinks.
Bar & Restaurant Manager
• Responsible for Beach and Pool Bar, All Day Dining Restaurant with In Room Dining, Capanna Nuova(Italian Restaurant).
• Previously was taking care of Biker’s Cafe (standalone outlet).
• Lead and manage staff on daily bases, communicating daily targets and taking responsibility for maintaining high standard of quality, health and hygiene.
• Monitor, review and feedback on individual’s performance.
• Coordinate control all aspect of stock deliveries and keep up to date records.
• Take responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
• Respond to customer queries and complaints.
• Prepare reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control, food control and sales.
• Plan and coordinate menus with Head Chef or Executive Chef.
• Analyze and plan restaurant sales level and profitability.
• Meet, greet customers, organize table reservations and offer advice about menu with wine choices.
• Check stock levels, order supplies, prepare cash drawers and petty cash.
• Handled many big banquet events and conferences.
• Successfully conducted many theme valentine party.
• Was part of Reed Exhibition Team (700 pax)
• Organize marketing activities such as promotional events and discount schemes.
• Successfully worked in all major cuisine.
• Organize special events and entertainments to attract more customers.
• Successfully conducted Oktoberfest in Beach Bar.
• Was part of world cup football 2014 (FIFA) screening for more than (1000 pax)
• Was part of grand New Year party’s.
• Food specialization covered: Italian, Continental and Arabic.
Restaurant Operations Manager (Standalone Restaurants)
• Were responsible for monitoring 5 Standalone Bar and Restaurants.
• Understand the guest needs, to provide them with maximum satisfaction and resolving guest complaints.
• Promoting guest satisfaction for steady repeated business with food and beverage related advertising campaigns.
• Communicate action plans to staffs and line managers.
• Follows up effectively on staff’s performance progress against set targets.
• Organizing and supervising the shifts of service, kitchen and cleaning staff.
• Was part of the Pre-Opening team
• Jointed as a Restaurant Manager and then promoted as Restaurant Operations Manager for all the outlets.
• Under my leadership the Restaurant has won the “Best Restaurant” award from “Times Food Guide” for three continues years (2010, 2011, 2012).
• Conducted “International Chef's Meet” in our restaurant where Chef’s from different countries came down to showcase their skills creativity.
• Under my supervision every year groups of chef’s were send to South Korea “Seoul” to conduct “Indian Food Festival’s”.
• Food specialization covered: Asian and Indian.
Assistant Restaurant Manager
• Formulate and implement strategic plans to enhance service quality standards.
• Implemented strict measures in customer care procedures to optimize guest satisfaction and retention.
• Looks at issues in terms of strengths and opportunities.
• Ensure team members adhere to operational compliance requirements (beverage recipes, café cleanliness and organization, food safety, dress code).
• Initiate and effectively execute company strategies, programs and promotions.
• Directed general restaurant operations, monitoring food quality and staffing requirements.
• Initiated operations for the newly opened Pan Asian restaurant OKO.
• Also showcased my skills for Coffee Shop, Specialty Restaurant and Bar.
• Was awarded with “The best Food Seller” award in the hotel from “Food Lovers” magazine; received Gold Medal for the restaurant.
• Was selected and given “Star of the Month" for (Dec’09, Feb’10, May’10 and Sep’10).
• Jointed as a Captain, promoted as F&B Executive and then Asst. Restaurant Manager for the outlet.
• Food specialization covered: Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese and Malaysian.
Food and Beverage Captain
• Accountable for service activities and looking after guests in all outlets consisting: Coffee Shop, Restaurant, Room Service, banqueting locations etc.
• Established healthy business relations with customers for securing repeat business loyalty.
• Worked towards solving their queries and complaints efficiently by reviewed there feedback to build positive relations.
• Guests list includes some of the well-known personalities from the Film Industry, Sports and Politics.
• Also managed group functions for Business visitors, Airline crew.
• Created a great atmosphere and be an inspirational host for New Year, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Onam celebrations etc.
• Received Appreciation Certificate from the management for positive guest comments.
• Food specialization covered: French and Italian.
Bachelors in Hotel Management